Sunday 8 September 2024

Planning Task 8: Photography Planning

 For my photos that I intend to use as main images for my magazine B-people will differ from one another and will create different vibes. They will differ and create contrast within music industry, and magazine's diversity.

For my first cover, I will use a male model that will play the role of prototype of a hip-hop artist who experiments in hip-hop by using different sub-genres to create a pleasing flow. For the picture I’m willing to create a busy background, with posters, graffiti, pictures and so forth, all the potential stuff to make it interesting for the audience to explore the picture. The picture itself will be colourful as well as the representation of the artist, the background will match with the artist’s and his costumes and make up. The model is more likely to be pictured in a sitting position to make a way for the background to be seen and stand out a bit, along with that, drums and drumsticks will be placed, to create a musical sense and link it to the meaning of the magazine’s goal. Drums are about bouncing, bass, and energy, if there is lack of these factors then hip-hop will not sound right. Drums as an instrument have a direct link to hip-hop history and have been one of the first instruments that have created hip-hop as genre. So, with the use of it, it could quite easily create a familiarity with history for the reader. I’m planning to use a lot of colours in the picture and will make the model stand out by styling him in the right way, style as well as his hair and maybe will add some make to modernize it. Aiming in using either water (could be colourful) or powder to spread in on the top of the drums area so in contact with the drumsticks it could fly all over around the model and which eventually could potentially create a beautiful picture.  

For my second picture I will use two female models as a prototype of a duo. The picture already differs from the first one by the number of people in the frame and gender, I reckon it’s important to diversify the image of the music stage and to touch this topic by creating a cover. The cover will be less colourful as I'll have two models in use, so they will automatically stand out because the reader is more likely to process and explore both. I'm planning to make the picture black and white, and further in photoshop make one of the items on the model or something in their surrounding stand out, so there is a meaning behind it. The background will be less busy in comparison with the first picture, it’s more likely that I will experiment with white wall and ill add calmer colours on it to match with the model’s costumes & makeup, to make them stand out. It will somehow create a puzzle for the audience, and the match in colours creates a good sense of understanding the creative point behind it, and by that giving a chance for the reader to explore it further on by reading the magazine.  The models are more likely to give a direct stare to create closeness with the audience and confidence.

Both covers will match the style and vibe of the magazine, it will perfectly match and suit its meaning. Models will differ from each other by gender and origins, ethnicity which could perfectly work with the idea of diversity and universal message of the music. Models will be put in the suitable for their music style atmosphere which will work better for analysing them further on.  

In terms of other photography and videography that I will use on for my content pages for both versions, and as well for my website, for this I’ll use pictures that I have taken before at some concerts, maybe in other part of the world that will match the colours of the magazine and the style of it. Works the same with videos, I will use my phone to film interviews of artists and teenagers. For background and other pictures, I might use vinyl records or CDs, cassettes and vintage clothing to match the topics.  Will create slide show in the video and collages for an aesthetic pleasing. Will make sure that images match between each other and creates positive sense of viewing the page and front covers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Task 8: Photography Planning

  For my photos that I intend to use as main images for my magazine B-people will differ from one another and will create different vibes. ...