Friday 6 September 2024

Planning Task 6: Contents pages

 


While trying to create my contents’ pages I have flipped many magazine contents pages to create a great idea of how it supposed to look like. As I have decided for my covers, I don’t want to make the front covers look too busy and mostly concentrate on main images, I’ll go with the same flow for creation of my contents pages. I have brainstormed many words and ideas into bigger chunks of text, sentences and so forth in order to chop off unnecessary parts of it. For one of my covers, where I will present a man as a prototype of an artist I will mostly focus on the sub-genre of hip-hop and how it helps people. I want to expand my idea of music, and how it’s very helpful and does help with anxiety and works as a free therapy.  

Below as you can see, a mock of a content page for my second cover. My second cover will represent female duo and will talk a bit about their struggles in hip-hop field, that it could perhaps be competitive and male artists often rudely verbalize that they don’t desire to share rap stage with them. I think it will have a good boost for female part of my target audience,and will push them towards to find out how the duo and female artists in general handle it and how they resolve it. It can give a lot of confidence and a wave of proudness for women. I will consider fashion advice that the magazine wants to share with the audience and give little life-hacks for females that will make their girlhood easier.  

I will consider topics that involve new MC, artists, freshmen in hip-hop, what have been released in terms of music and what can be found on the further pages of the magazine to maybe add to their playlists. Next collaborations, how new artists are doing on the stage and what to expect from them. Why do your origins matter or other way around. I’m willing to mix soft topics that have to deal with fashion, new music coming up, new artists, background of the duo that will be depicted on the front cover, and with harder topics that have to deal with feminism, female role in hip-hop and music in general, how to overcome hate, why does confidence is the key to success and just simply life-hacks.  I want to give the idea that hip-hop is not aggressive sound and just rap, it can be used as a therapy and everyone can find themselves in hip-hop's lifestyle, artists in the league always will aim for different target audience who could potentially enjoy their sub-genres or so forth. Hip-hop is more than just a genre, it's a culture, and has its history which could somehow bring lightness into listener's life. This is why a want to mix and combine serious topics with just simply interesting topics about lifestyle.





The mock below is ideally how I want to  make my contents pages to look like. For the first front cover i'll have maximum of 3 pictures, and for the second front cover I'm planning to stick with one large picture and another smaller one. I will place date, issue number on the top so it is visible but is not too eye catching, is more for formality.







For my second content page, I tend to arrange pictures and text a bit differently. My second front cover will also have a mix of information that could be found in the magazine, but the number of pictures will differ as well as the size of it. Maybe, on the second content page for second cover, I’ll include more of ‘FEATURES section, and events, and along with it I’ll add topics that have to do with music therapy and how it is a thing. Acknowledging digital developments and its impact on artists and how they feel about that will spoil a story that links to it. I think it’s important to bring up topics that rarely are shown in any music lyrics or social media. And of course, along with serious topic will always include topics that have to do with fashion and how to keep up with trends, what hip-hopers advice in changing and why.  


For both of my content pages i want to place a phrase that was said by the artist to encourage the audience, especially the young generation who might lack confidence and need to hear it from a successful human being. Along with it, I will include the message about the editor letter for everyone on the following pages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Task 8: Photography Planning

  For my photos that I intend to use as main images for my magazine B-people will differ from one another and will create different vibes. ...